Key West, Islamorada, & Big Pine Libraries welcome in-person visits.
The Monroe County Public Library System is welcoming in-person visits on a staggered schedule while continuing to fill vacancies in the Marathon, Islamorada, and Key Largo branches that resulted from cutbacks during the height of COVID-19.
- The Key West and Big Pine Key branches are welcoming in-person visits, Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Islamorada is open on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Thursdays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The branch will return to a full schedule upon filling open vacancies.
- Key Largo is scheduled to begin a whole-building carpeting project this week to repair Hurricane Irma damage that should take approximately 30 days to complete. The funding was just secured for the project; therefore, it could not have been completed sooner. The branch will reopen 3 days a week at the completion of the project and will return to a full schedule upon filling open vacancies.
- The Marathon branch is in the midst of a major move into the new facility. The former branch facility will remain closed to the public at this time but will host a “Goodbye Week” April 26-30 welcoming the public to say goodbye to the old facility. During Goodbye Week, please consider helping library staff move by checking out up to 50 items from the collection and returning them to the NEW building when it opens in June.
- Curbside services will continue to be available 6 days a week at all branches.
Services available during in-branch visits:
- Browse books, audiobooks, & DVDs
- Computers will be available for one-hour appointments each day, which can be reserved in the library.
- Reference and computer assistance from library staff
- Printers and copiers
- Book drops for the return of all library material
- Curbside checkout will remain available at all five branches
We continue to follow Monroe County’s COVID 19 guidelines for your safety.
- A facial covering is required and must be worn while inside all libraries
- Maintain social distancing
- Limited building occupancy to allow for social distancing
- Regular sanitization of the public spaces
While our Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon libraries continue operating contact-free, book delivery is via curbside service. Here’s how it works:
Check out our catalog and place your requests at http://keyslibraries.polarislibrary.com/polaris/ or give us a call to reserve your items today. Librarians are also standing by to answer your questions via text, chat, and email.
We’ll contact you when your holds are ready and then you’ll let us know when you are stopping by to pick them up.
We look forward to reopening our doors when we can ensure the safety of staff and our beloved readers. Be well!